Thursday, February 03, 2005

Supposed to be.

I'm supposed to be going to a reception later today, welcoming a certain Professor to be director of research at this organisation at UNSW. I wonder, would it be inappropriate to tell her that i went on a monkey hunt through the labyrinthian libraries of two universities to find an article she had sourced quite regularly in her book and seminars, only to find it had nothing of what she'd said in it? Not only that, but it was a lousy article. Waste my time. Can only presume it was some research assistant's mistake. In which case would it be inappropriate to ask her for a job?

Probably.

I took the day off from work, ostensibly to get some work done on my research design and then to attend said reception... It's just that I'd much much rather stay at home, drink a very chilled glass of white wine, and then curl up in bed with an easy book. Sleep would not be declined either, if gently proffered.

Indeed, self-discipline is not winning out today.

But it must!

Why?

Because!

Poor argument. I might stay at home after all.

Oh Suyin.

Whaat?

nothing.

No comments: