Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Almost all gone.

Is my birthday over already? People seem to have stopped saying happy birthday and giving me cards and presents.

The cake is also almost gone, although i think i must've had a strange altered sense of smell the last few days if it tastes better today than it did on sunday. I don't think cake improves with age, does it? Excepting maybe fruitcake or other baked-to-last-through-winter things... The cake this year was a creamy tiramisu confection, my usual cake, covered all over with caramelised almonds. Mmmm...

The presents this year were wonderful too, and not nearly gone yet. :)

Adrian gave me this wonderful set of loose leaf teas from T2 which i'm really enjoying, including a beautiful earl grey with cornflowers, something called "red green and dreamy" which smells absolutely heavenly, like peaches and cream, and lastly but most wonderfully, choc chip chai! I haven't tried it yet, but will very very soon... *puts kettle on*

Bear's mum and step-dad got me a gift voucher to my favourite homewares store, where Bear and I regularly visit to look at (and lovingly fondle) their very desirable wares, especially the funky shaped glasses. My wonderful parents sent money, with the directive to "buy something nice", and Bear (Bear!) got me this Beautiful set of professional acrylics, along with a set of brushes, quality canvas paper and a super intimidating large canvas board thing for a big painting. It's all far too Professional for me to mess around with, but i'm doing my best. :D

Anyone want to give me free painting lessons? :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh :)

mail me your snail.

-jo