Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sunday cricket

Bear: You know what we haven't done yet? We haven't brought you to the cricket!

syn: Yep. Let's go, wanna see Vettori. Vettori's hot.

Bear: I think new zealand's finished with their australian tour.

syn: Oh... Nevermind then. Anything will do i guess.

Bear: Its really quite embarrassing and I feel bad, especially since David (Bear's boss) just gave me a ticket to a domestic one-day match.

syn: Just the one?

Bear: Yes. *makes apologetic face*

syn: Hock it.

Bear: ...

syn: sell it on eBay, we'll buy something nice.

Bear: (laughing) you can't hock a ticket to a corporate box!

syn: corporate box? qantas? OOOooooooh...

Bear: hey.

syn: well, you might as well enjoy it then.

Bear: I guess so. Wish you could come.

syn: I don't, i've got nothing to wear.

So Bear is off today at the SCG watching pyjama cricket (where they wear colourful uniforms instead of white) - NSW vs Victoria, and i stayed at home like a good girl and did not do my work. Instead, i watched my Fast Times at Ridgemont High DVD, which was rather good. Very cult-movie-ish. Now i'm bored. Anyway, the way i see it, he's really at work. After all, how enjoyable can a day be, being holed up in a room with bosses and work colleagues and having to be on one's best behaviour?

And then Bear calls me up after lunch. He sounds like he's enjoying himself... and says something about having pepper steak with mashed potatoes, smoked salmon, etc etc for lunch and that it was really quite fun after all.

*stick tongue out*

Now i want to go to new zealand to see Vettori! Isn't the australian side touring there soon?

:P

3 comments:

Corinoco said...

Well, I was at work today. No pepper steak, or salmon. And I had to drive home through Eastern Suburbs People out Being Beuatiful in their Cars, ie, idiotic drivers in sports cars. So I got home frazzled, and listened to my brother yell at the TV. I think it was 60 minutes or something important like that.

I think I want to hide.

onekell said...

Vettori is quite cute in a boyish way. It might be the eyebrows.

My sympathies to you, corinoco. I think your tomorrow will have an easier task of bettering today.
For now, how about a spot of soothing tea...

syn said...

yes, corinoco, hope this week makes up for your weekend. if not next weekend...

kel, i dunno about the eyebrows. but maybe. i think its the glasses too. i dig glasses. heh.