Thursday, February 10, 2005

Morning treats

So i rock up to the rattieboys' cage to say good morning, and find Kimi on the top level having some breakfast, and His Royal Highness Linus is sortof hanging out in his tissue box downstairs. I say Good morning boys! and Kimi looks up, still holding his pea, and says, Treatie? I give his furry head a little scratch between the ears and say, Kimi, i've just got to do a few things then i'll come and give you a treatie, okay? Kimi says Okay! and gets back to his pea. Linus hasn't moved.

A few minutes later, cup of tea made and laptop opened, i wander into the living room (where they live) to retrieve my water bottle. I happen to glance over at the cage and there's no one in sight, they're both down on the bottom. I walk up to the sofa (next to the cage), and whooosh! Kimi has jumped up two levels, and is standing up, sticking his nose through the bars and is very definitely looking at me, and is also very definitely saying, Treatie!! Even Linus is interested and has come out of his box to investigate.

What can I say, you've gotta keep your promises! :D

No comments: