Thursday, February 17, 2005

Random photo: Pillars of society



Jo and I, contemplating a rather drab bit of campus on the day of my graduation in May, 2003.

Jo and Bear kindly accompanied me to this major milestone event that I wouldn't even have bothered going to since those friends i was graduating with were not in the country (Qiao, for example), and even my parents were not able to travel due to the SARS scare. Nevertheless, they insisted i attend and take many photos so they'd have something to frame and send to the grandmothers, so we did. And then I went home and slept all day.

Milestone fooey.

1 comment:

Bear said...

Wow, there's so much symbolism in this photo. The road, the lights, the big STOP and of course the clouds (future, destiny). The elevated view (provided by the institution) gives a vantage point to view these things. And a mysterious foot and hand offering sustenance along the way. Maybe it's time I applied for that Arts Council grant...