Monday, January 17, 2005

Anti-bronchitis

After 3 days of complete and utter misery, it occurs to me i cannot recover by sheer willpower alone. So Bear took me to the doctor. Apparently i have bronchitis!

At least now i also have antibiotics. yay. So hopefully this will all be over soon.

In other news, it appears that a lot of people are coming here via searchengine results on the word "rattie", and also, to a much lesser extent, "pachyderms" and "chicken san choy bao". Because i don't want to disappoint anyone, and because they're so gorgeous, here are some pictures of my ratties!

This pretty little chica is Mina, who was my first rattie. I had her only a few months, and it broke my heart to give her away when i had to leave the country after graduating. She was taken in by a really sweet lesbian couple, who had a whole little family of girl ratties they doted on. That was really good for Mina since I hadn't known when i got her that ratties should be kept in pairs at least. I think her life with them would've been quite wonderful and only hope she didn't miss me at all. If i even think of her missing me i feel like crying so lets move on!

His Royal Highness, Linus! In his Grooming Ball. Bear took this photo with some weird setting on his camera so its all yellowish, but its still one of my favourites. Its a classic Linus look, sortof quizzical and worried at the same time. :P The ball was actually bought for them to run(roll?) around the house in when they were smaller, but Kimi was like, what? why? i can run around just fine on my legs! and Linus just flat out refused to be placed in it, so we hung it up open in the cage and put lots of treats and paper towels in it and it's turned out to the perfect shape and size for grooming! Especially for supporting the back when cleaning ones furry white belly!

Annnnd here's Kimi! the Action Rat! Caught chewing on the strap of Bear's camera. I'm not sure why Bear was lying on the floor taking pictures like this but whatever. As i mentioned before, it is difficult to take a good (i.e. focused) picture of Kimi. Usually only possible while he's sitting still for abit (i.e., eating something large, or sleeping). Lately, he's been slowing down and getting a little chubbier, so he's even more so my cuddly Kimi bear. Lately too, when i rub his furry back, he licks my fingers!

They're just So wonderful, the both of them. They always make my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh suyin i had to comment because the pictures are just too cute! so are the names. i hope you're feeling a LOT better. - poach

syn said...

oh!
thank you poach!

:D