Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Still friends?

I have been a very bad friend. I don't call anyone anymore, I don't even email! I sit here, in my slightly-too-large grownup house-with-double-garage in suburbia, and all i do to keep in contact with the people i call my friends, is to read their blogs. Isn't that tragic? So one-sided. Comments and tagboard one-liners aside, clearly some more effort was needed on my part. Hence, the resurrection of this blog.

I really hate that word, by the way, shall attempt to never use it again.

Also, i am doing some serious procrastinating, and i might as well make something useful rather than sit around fretting, right? right?

So in case my friends forget me, I'm still here! I'm still thinking of you, i still care, and i don't know when i'll actually live in Singapore again.

Sigh.

So don't forget me! Come here often and read about the strangely ordinary life i lead in Sydney with Bear and my two furry boys, Kimi and Linus.

Officially (for visa purposes), I'm completing a Masters by research in Gifted Education, after having finished four years of Psychology. That aside, I actually spend most of my productive time working part time (rent! little luxuries!) at an afterschool child care facility, where i learn something everyday from the kids ("My dad almost got smuggled the other day! Coming home from work! There were these guys who asked him for his wallet and he escaped and ran to the police station!"), and try to guide them in their development as best i can ("Suyin, how do you spell TV?")...

I like my part time job a lot. Most of the time. :)

Here is a picture of the house we live in. It's an old double brick, built in the 1920s, and has several camellia bushes(trees?) scattered about the front and back.


Another day perhaps, i shall take pictures of the herb and veggie garden Bear has planted for me. :)

No comments: