Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Some news and things

So allegedly, someone is engaged! From our year, meaning rgs gep year of '96, and I won't say who because its supposed to be a secret. Yargh, wasn't Kewei's marriage enough? It could just be gossip though, I remember last year's rumour about Ida getting married and that was all hogwash. Although... i also hear Ida's italian boy is finally coming down to Singapore to work, so that must be pretty cool for them. Can anyone confirm this?

Speaking of going to Singapore, Bear and I are making our way down after christmas, for a week or so (27th Dec to whenever). Bear says, "We're going back to singapore to drink lime juice and eat monster curry puffs and look at chinchillas and hamsters!"

Bear has been to singapore with me before, a few months ago, on a 3 day whirlwind stopover, mainly to introduce him to my parents. I figured, 3 days was just enough, in case u know, it didn't work out, we'd just fly off quickly. But it was beautiful! Bear was on his best behaviour, and so were my parents. Just beautiful. So he gets to visit again.

Apparently Bear remembers having some lime juice, which he liked, as well as old chang kee curry puffs, and a great many other things i thrust in front of him, going "Eat this". He also saw his very first hamster, and chinchilla, and was suitably impressed with Sim Lim Square and the Taka food basement. He met Kelly and Louise, and a whole dinnertablefull of relatives, which was nerve-wracking but it was really quite nice that they'd all turned out to meet him. Bear said they seemed to talk about food a lot. They said Bear seemed very nice but was so quiet!

I told them Bear is shy lah.

Hang on, Bear is speaking to me again.

Bear wants me to say that his (i.e. my) herb and veggie garden is doing beautifully, but if any caterpillars or slugs are reading this, they should know to stay away, or, or, they will be... vanquished!

(Bear is quite sleepy, it is way past his bedtime poor dear.)

So. Is anyone doing anything on New Years Eve? A party would be fun! Why do i have vague memories of bridge parties in deserted parts of Orchard Road on previous new years eve? Can anyone confirm this?

Well anyway, I hope to see you all again. Everytime i do, its like a breath of fresh air. :D I expect Cin will know all the best places to have dinner, or might host another one of her very pleasant after-eight get-togethers. Also, Sulin will probably have special passes to the newest hippest places to go have a drink, and Louise will no doubt be doing something unexpected and exciting.

So i'm looking forward to it. We'll bring our tummies, and you can all meet Bear if you wish. Just be warned, he may be quiet, but he's got a beary good appetite!

Heheheheheh.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does the world have a blogger thing? so i shall remain anon :P phooey

you are meeting me. there's no buts about it. you are coming to my messy hole and meeting my smelly hamsters and then we're going out for drinks. i'll drive

Anonymous said...

oh that last one was from me

grace

syn said...

Hamsters! We'll be there.

:P

Anonymous said...

ok so it'll be hamsters, then off to hokkien mee and lime juice

onekell said...

Better chope your time first, cos I'm going up to KL before the NY and coming back after.

syn said...

Okay Kelly, the 28th then?
when are you free? Lets go to the esplanade... i haven't shown Bear the durians yet. :)

Anonymous said...

I think the engagement must qualify as being one of the worst-kept secrets for this year!

And yes! Ida's boyfriend arrived on Friday. And he is looking for a job here. It's so sweet. :)

Dominique

syn said...

I heard he's going to work in Deutsche. heh. Everyone seems to either be working for banks or the government!
Or are lawyers. hrm. Yes it must be the worst kept secret if even I know about it. :P

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! you going back to singapore? give me your non-aussie contact number if you have one, and maybe we can meet when i pass around.

Sky