Thursday, February 01, 2007

How's the wedding planning coming along?

As requested by Jo, I shall start posting about wedding planning things. Most of the stuff is done, I think. You would not Imagine how much freaking time it took, but I still have most of my brain intact, albeit filled up with waaaaaaay too many images of tulle, pastels, flower arrangements and large glittery signs saying "Your Big Day" and "Bridal" and, for some reason, "Exquisite!"

Despite all insistence that we are not having a "wedding" but just a party that happens to have a marriage ceremony in the middle, no one believes us. Also, it appears that other people have expectations, which are fair enough and which one can give or take, because they love you anyway, but then I realised that there are also Expectations, and you just don't mess with those. Like when I thought I might want to wear my favourite black dress. It's not that it's illegal or anything, it's just Too Hard to think about what everyone else will think.

So!

We are still having balloons!

Things not yet accomplished:

1. A dress to be married in and to carry the weight of everyone's expectations and make me feel beeeeoootiful and also warm in the late autumn weather. Not too shiny.

2. Some sort of decoration plan - apart from balloons, some tablecloths or something, and flowers, somewhere. Lanterns? Mega-origami?

3. Rings to be married with. The alternative would be to exchange ratties. Whee!

4. Figuring out the actual ceremony, writing vows, etc. (Eek!)

5. Something for Bear to wear. Also not too shiny.

6. Possibly a photographer? Bear and I are grappling with the idea of paying such much money for snappy photo taking, but I am warming up to the idea. These guys are totally top of the list at the moment. They have the best online gallery! Plus they sound kinda sweet too. Everyone cross fingers that we can actually afford them! *cross*

7. A case of nice red wine. I think something drinkable. Not too heavy. Any recommendations? I like shiraz, I think.

8. A supply of sparkling bubbly. Would also appreciate recommendations for this.

9. Tables and chairs - need to sort out hire and delivery.

10. Cake! Decide on what and how many cakes we can justify buying. Yum!

11. ...

I think that's it.

*phew*

No comments: