Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sudden rashness

Did you know lemongrass is spiky? as in, the leaves have minisculey spikey edges? which hurt? Well I didn't. Until i went to harvest some from our garden (we have two small but ambitious mini-bushes near the fence).

Anyway, since i'd walked all the way down to the supermarket to get ONE piece of ginger, a little spikyness was not going to stop me, I was on a roll of movement! and so i donned my stylish white and red leather garden/random-use gloves and proceeded to pull several leaves off, and then later, when i got the hang of it, lemongrass stalks! yay! We're having chicken roasted in the oven with some sort of thai marinade that my Thai auntie is famous for (she gives away the recipe to everyone but no one has yet been able to make it taste like hers - suspicious, no?)... with lemongrass, chilli, onion, garlic, ginger, etc.. the usual.

Happy with my harvest, I came into the kitchen to wash the plump, juicy, practically free (whee!) stalks, when my arms started itching. Guys, I'm allergic to lemongrass! ARGH! and now red spots and scratches are appearing all over my arms..

and swelling up!

*upset*

I hope they go down soon.

..but not before Bear gets back because he needs to see what I go through to make dinner for us. And the story wouldn't be as convincing without evidence.

No comments: