Thursday, October 20, 2005

New garden tenant

Today, Bear found a wee little blue tongue lizard living under our wheelie bin in our backyard!

Baby blue tongue lizard
(Photo randomly borrowed from crocodilehunter.com.)

Northern blue tongue lizard
(Photo randomly borrowed from abc.net.au.)

It was a cold and rainy day today, and the little lizard looked cold and worried and had probably been rained on last night as the bins were taken out... so with me offering helpful suggestions on the side ("let's build him a house!"..."shall we give him a blanket?"), Bear built him a shelter, out of old roof tiles, over a nice patch of soil and weedy scraps. Hopefully he will be okay. If it gets very cold I'll heat a brick up for him even though I think Bear thinks that's silly and is just humouring me.

This reminds me that I forgot to tell everyone about our new ratties, Monty and Alfie, who came to live with us some weeks back... but Doctor Who has ended and Bear is making dinner! Hooray! Oh well, I'll tell you later.

P.s. Bear's birthday is this Sunday (23 Oct), and random well wishes may be sent to his email address at: ihs at iinet dot net dot au.

No comments: