Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Damn bad people to the badlands!

Why can't people just be nice to each other?

And why can't people raising kids raise them properly?

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

There must be some solution to this.

Unless it is to get a quiet non-interactive job, forget the rest of the world, and keep only to people i like.

Except that almost everyone I like is overseas.

Is there some law that says i have to like and understand and be fair to everyone else?

No!

I am supposed to be making dinner, seeing as Bear is late at work tonight. I really don't feel like it though. Some days... this is one of those days where I need a sort of turning-off-the-thinking switch that lets me get on with things until i'm over it. Because I think i will get over it... it's happened before and I get over it. But I'm not over it yet and there's dinner to be made!!

Does anyone have a good recipe for soba noodles? There is a packet of them on the kitchen trolley feeling out of place amongst the bananas and pile of chocolate.

I miss everyone.

Fooey.

1 comment:

Corinoco said...

Well, it's a day late, but the recipe I picked up from Simon Johnsons is:

Chilled Soba Salad with 5 spice pork

1 packet of SJs soba noodlies
some herbs
some sliced Aussies, er, no, veggies
for example snow peas, carrots (yuk), brocolli, aspargarus, blanched. (I think it should be aspargarus : blanched)
Otherwise I don't know what a 'blanch' is.

Dressing:
2 Tblspons of sesame oil (they specify SJ expensive, but I expect any will do)
3 Tblspons of Le Blanc Champagne Vinegar (as above, I would use balsamic)
1 Tblspon Soy Sauce (no fancy variety specified)
1 teaspon violent mustard. No, er, violet mustard. You can use voilent if yuou want

Boil noodlies for 5 mins, until tender, drain, rinse. Add blanched veggies and herds. Whisk dressing stuff together, pour over noodlies.

5 Spice pork

2 pork fillets,
2 tblspons sesame oil
2 tblspons soy sauce
2 tblspons honey (WITH TRUFFLES!)
1 tblspon hoi son sauce
1 clove garlic, smashed
2 teaspons five spice

Mix marinade ingredients in non-metal dish, marinate pork for 1 hour.

Heat oven or BBQ to 200C, put pork on rack over dish half-filled with water. Cook 10 mins, then reduce heat to 180C and cook for 15 mins till coooked through. Slice. Put in noodlies. Eat.

Yum.

Have some goaties cheese afterwards - KAPOW!