Thursday, March 10, 2005

She survives!

And makes only a small fool of herself. By the time the third tute came along, i was a pro. I knew what to say, what questions to ask, even understood what people were saying back to me most of the time! Triumph!

I am now officially tutor. Someone even left the class saying "that was really good". Yeah!

Next time, with any luck, maybe more than one out of 65 will think that.

Hurrah!

Bear says "I knew you would be fine."

Well hindsight is all very well and good isn't it. I was a rather frazzled bundle of nerves nearly all of last night, and said to Bear, "Do you know what i'm most worried about for tomorrow?"

Bear: Not being confident enough?

syn: no..

Bear: Saying the wrong thing? Making a fool out of yourself?

syn: noooo...

Bear: Not knowing the subject matter?

syn: no no no.. *shakes head*

Bear: Well what then?

syn: What am i going to wear?!?!

Bear: Of course!

:P

In the end, i wore my favourite tiered brown skirt, one of my many black t-shirts and brown doc marts. Good outfit for sitting on desks and swinging one's legs about whilst surveying one's new domain.

Yay!

In other news, apparently i have asthma, which has been dormant practically all my life but was rudely awakened by that truly terrible bout of bronchitis in January. I had envisaged a small army of evil bacteria holding fort in my lungs somewhere, having survived the onslaught of antibiotics, striving only to make mucus, reproduce, and survive another day.

I thought maybe a last course of antibiotics would do the trick.

Instead, I have a puffer! very exciting.

Die, you evil bacterium, DIE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the puffer doesnt kill bacteria :P
it relaxes your muscles so you wont hyperventilate

syn said...

well the doctor did say it also helps reduce inflammation. at least i think he said that... anyway i have a weird puffer. a powder one. with steroids. tastes bad.

Anonymous said...

i hated that one. made me shake. hands wouldnt stop trembling. it felt a litle like a caffenine high

grace

syn said...

geez. it's not affecting me too badly, thank gdness. And is clearing up my scrappy throat. *grateful*