Thursday, April 23, 2009

Passionfruit and raspberry souffles



Adapted from this recipe by Neil Perry. I doubled it and found that it actually filled three ramekins, so that was a bonus! Unfortunately the flavour was rather muted. Next time I think I'll cook the fruit puree/juice with a bit of cornstarch to thicken it first (like this recipe by Luke Mangan), and see if that makes a difference. I've had Luke Mangan's raspberry souffle and it was totally amazing. Especially with the hot chocolate poured in.

I made some warm chocolate ganache for this too. It was A Good Thing.

Afterwards, the boys got to have a go at removing the baked on bits.







But only a little go, because, well, you know.

1 comment:

KRYSTYNA COOKS DOWN UNDER said...

Hi I just blogged you with a VERY LONG tale about your
1. Passionfruit cake
2. About my pet mice
Unfortunately for whatever reason they couldn't print it
Ho Hum I love your blog & rodents