Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fear and cookies



As my 29th birthday approaches, two things occur to me.

1. I have nearly used up all of my twenties, and
2. I am running out of youth!

For that matter, 29 isn't even really a 'twenty' but so much more an 'almost thirty!' (with forced-cheery exclamation mark)

No more am I going to blithely go about exclaiming how much I feel like I am already 30 anyway because of the company I keep. It's actually happening, and it is not without scariness!

In other news, I made the above peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies tonight using this recipe and store-bought Kraft peanut butter and they look great but tasted odd. Maybe I didn't mix in the baking powder well enough. Perhaps they will taste better tomorrow, but if you want to make a chocolate chip and nut cookie, I think this recipe by David Lebovitz (recipe link is to 101cookbooks.com) is much nicer.

No comments: