Wednesday, July 23, 2008

mucosal musings

I have been home sick for a week and a half now.

When it began, I thought, oh well, I'll just rest it out, remembering the need to take lots of afternoon naps from the last time this happened.

Of course I'd forgotten that the reason I'd had to take all those afternoon naps was because I could not get any sleep at night on account of All That Snot. Needing to be ejected, painfully hacked out, or otherwise stubbornly clogging up headspace and all breathing routes.

Green snot is the most satisfying and the transparent stuff just feels like such a waste of time. Panadol helps though, as do hot water bottles, thick socks and sleeping in two layers of pyjamas plus fleecy bathrobe. The husband is also useful for sympathy (albeit wearing thin), extra warmth during the night and for re-fueling the hot water bottle in the morning.

The best thing however, has been the discovery of hot drinks made with lemon, mint, slices of ginger and lovely bluebell honey. Mmmm.

*sniff*

No comments: